Hidrive acknowledges the importance of responsible environmental management standards and practices, and are committed to implementing practices which will promote environmental sustainability. This policy governs:
- The management of the environmental aspects of our company, with specific focus on the conservation of resources and the reduction of waste.
- How all operations in our company will be continually reviewed and improved, so that we demonstrate our ability to integrate environmental and social considerations into everyday practices.
- That the company will consistently strive to raise awareness, encourage participation, and train employees in environmental matters.
Hidrive will meet their environmental commitments by:
- Complying with all relevant environmental legislation and regulations, and actively look for ways to improve on these guidelines.
- Promoting the efficient use of energy, materials and resources in our operations to prevent pollution and waste;
- Aiming to provide an Environmental Management System to identify and manage environmental objectives, targets and risks, in accordance with Australian Standard AS/NZS ISO 14001:2015;
- Pursuing continual improvement in our environmental performance through annual assessment and review of environmental objectives and targets;
- Communicating this policy to Hidrive staff, clients, contractors and subcontractors; • Improving the conservation of energy, water, and resources in all our operations.
- Striving to better understand both the direct and indirect impact that our practices may have on the environment.
- Promoting environmental awareness throughout all operations of the company.
- Providing training/newsletters/posters to staff on implementing our sustainable policies.
- Disposing of waste thoughtfully, and develop an attitude of “reducing, recycling and reusing.”
- Following the ethos that wherever possible, materials that can be recycled, will be.
- Reducing our environmental impact by purchasing environmentally friendly products and services.
- Working with our entire supply chain to gain mutual benefits of incorporating environmentally sustainable goals into everyday business.
- Regularly reviewing our business practices and determine whether each practice is suitable in an environmental context.
- Periodically reviewing our performance and determine whether our objectives have been reached.
Application of the Policy
This policy is applicable to all operations. It is endorsed at the most senior level and displayed at all work locations.